Your body actually houses hundreds of chakras that help you to function at your best every single day. However, there are seven that you tend to hear about most often – and those seven are the main ones you typically hear about in the context of healing.
These Chakras begin at your spinal cord’s bottom area, where your coccyx bone is, and from there they travel up along your spinal cord to the top of your head.
These are the seven chakras you will hear about when it comes to healing:
- Root Chakra
- Sacral Chakra
- Solar Plexus Chakra
- Heart Chakra
- Throat Chakra
- Third Eye Chakra
- Crown Chakra
Table of Contents
How To Heal Your Chakras
The purpose of any spiritual practice is to come to a place where your body, spirit, health, earth, universality, and grounding are all balanced perfectly. The following techniques can be used to help you heal and clean out your chakras, so you can live your life uninhibited, balanced, and to the fullest!
Chakra meditation is a great and straightforward way to help your chakras reach an ultimate point of cleanliness and healing. There are two different approaches you can take to Chakra meditation, and they are as follows:
- Focus on the cause: Unless your cause level remains undiscovered, you might experience effects like being upset or distressed within your body. These will persist until you use this form of Chakra meditation to address the cause of your problems, bringing your attention to yourself and coming to a place of complete awareness.
- Focus on the Effects: This other form of Chakra cleansing involves variations of Chakra meditations and is used to ease the effects and feelings that come with being separated and isolated as opposed to being a part of the Whole that we truly belong to. Some meditations include White Light Chakra Meditation, Inner Vision Meditation, and the Wellbeing Boat. If you don’t have a lot of experience with Chakra meditation, then you might find the best results from trying a guided meditation. Use your headphones, find a quiet, comfortable and peaceful place, and follow the instructions and voice of the guide.
One powerful tool used to promote Chakra healing is affirmations. These are positive statements that have the benefit of healing and strengthening the parts of ourselves that are damaged.
When using affirmations, there are a lot of different aspects of life we can focus on, and it’s best to address things one at a time. Here are some examples you can use for the different Chakras we are focusing on:
- The Root Chakra: “I am enough exactly as I am. I am full of humility.”
- The Sacral Chakra: “I am strong, beautiful, and radiant. I enjoy a life full of health and passion.”
- The Solar Plexus: “I fully accept myself as I am. I love myself for my strengths and despite my weaknesses.”
- The Heart Chakra: “Love is never the wrong answer. I can give and receive love unconditionally.”
- The Throat Chakra: “I have positive thoughts, and continually express myself clearly and truthfully.”
- The Third Eye Chakra: “I have the wisdom to understand the true meaning of life’s challenges.”
- The Crown Chakra: “I am complete and live as one with divine energy.”
Balance through Massage
Massages are yet another common technique that can be used in healing your chakras. Depending on the Chakra you are focusing on, you will want to focus on massaging a different area of your body.
- The Root Chakra: Massage the gluteal muscles, feet, and legs to encourage energy flow in this part of your body.
- The Sacral Chakra: For this massage, focus on myofascial release in your hip flexors, as well as releasing the iliopsoas muscle. This will help you let go of tension in your hips and open them up to better energy flow in your Sacral Chakra.
- The Solar Plexus Chakra: For this massage, apply oils while massaging the abdomen area in clockwise motions around your navel. This will help to encourage waste elimination and improve the functions of your organs through promoting conscious awareness of your personal power center.
- The Heart Chakra: To heal your heart Chakra through massage, begin at the upper back and move along using gentle traction to your shoulder joint and arm. With myofascial releases in your pectoral muscles, you’ll be able to open up this Chakra for best results.
- The Throat Chakra: Using gentle traction on the neck, you can release any restricted fascia tissues around the front and back of your neck. Follow this with a gentle neck massage, also focusing on the attachments at the base of your head for ultimate healing.
- The Third Eye Chakra: This massage for your Anja Chakra focuses on a massage technique called “Brow stripping” that helps to relax your muscles in your temples, nasal sinuses, and jaw area.
- The Crown Chakra: This scalp massage helps to further your connection to your Crown Chakra, and the hair pulls and cervical traction you follow with help to release cranial tissue adhesions. This will help keep your crown Chakra clear and unclouded!
The colors around us actually can affect us more profoundly than we realize. When exposed to different hues with a different vibration, our moods, emotions, and physical state can be altered. We can rebalance our Chakras by exposing ourselves to different colors within our foods, clothes, and home. Wearing colored glasses can help us to absorb the vibrations our bodies are craving.
Here is a guide to which colors represents which chakras:
- The Root Chakra: Red
- The Sacral Chakra: Orange
- The Solar Plexus Chakra: Yellow
- The Heart Chakra: Green
- The Throat Chakra: Blue
- The Third Eye Chakra: Indigo
- The Crown Chakra: Violet
Life can feel quite overwhelming and frustrated if you’re going through it without your innate perception, abilities, and connections to the Earth. By using the techniques that we have detailed above, you should be able to help restore your Chakras to their cleanest and most complete state and live a life to the fullest!