Psychic readings make for amazing experiences. With a little bit of preparation and prior knowledge before your appointment, you can increase the benefits of your reading. This guide will walk you through the process of preparing for a psychic reading. This will make your experience more enjoyable and help you feel at ease.
Here are a few tips to make the most out of your psychic reading.
Table of Contents
Know What to Expect
While the reading will not go exactly as you envisioned it going, you should have a general idea of what to expect. Typically, you will be meeting with a psychic in person, by phone, or online. They will guide you through the session. However, you need to be as relaxed as possible.
Keeping the energy flowing throughout the reading is highly important. While the reader will do most of the talking, it’s okay to chime in from time to time. Participate, not only to keep the energy going but also to let them know what you came for and the issues you would like guidance on.
If you have a friend or family member who’s recently undergone a psychic reading, ask them about their overall experience. What was it like? How long was the session? Were they nervous? These questions will help answer some of your questions and will give you an idea of the type of psychic that you need.
Know What Type of Reading You Want
After you have a general understanding of how psychic readings work and if it’s something you still want to pursue, think about what you want. There are many types of readers that do different things. While some connect with loved ones in spirit, others will not.
Perhaps, you’re seeking an intuitive session instead. Whatever you’re looking for, double check that the reader you’re considering specializes in this area. Here are some of the most common types of readings:
- Love readings
- Past life analysis
- Dream interpretation
- Spiritual readings
Prepare Specific Questions
Most people don’t get readings just for kicks. There’s usually a reason behind it. So have a list of questions and make sure they are as specific as possible. It’s not going to benefit your reading if you keep throwing out vague questions, just to see if the reader is good. You wouldn’t like to have a relationship with someone who does that in real life, so why would you do that to your reader?
Clear Your Mind Before The Reading
It’s probably safe to assume that if you’re going for a reading that you must have a lot on your mind. But in order to get the most out of your reading, try to relax yourself the days leading up to the reading, and especially the day of. Do some deep breathing or meditation to help you stay calm and centered. Your reader may sense your frazzled energy, and it may the throw the reading off if you’re not focused.
It’s important to know that price does not always equal quality. A strong connection is what’s important. Readers will charge different amounts depending on the work they are being asked to do. Some are more popular than others, hence, may cost more, but this does not mean they are better readers than those whose pricings are significantly lower.
Price is not a reflection of how good the reader is. Instead, when looking for a good psychic medium, consider the following factors:
- Natural ability
- Intuitive nature
A tip many don’t know about when looking for a psychic and medium is to see who readers recommend. Let’s say you find a psychic that you’re interested in but can’t afford. Look around their website for other trusted readers on their site. Usually, they’ll have useful resources and recommend other psychics.
Find the Right Psychic
This step can be a bit tricky. How do you know if the person reading your future is legitimate? Finding the right psychic or medium requires a little bit of research. Here are a few ways you can narrow down the searching process to find a reader who will blow you away!
- Word of Mouth – This is probably the best way to find a psychic who is dependable and worth your time. Don’t be afraid to ask your friends or relatives for referrals.
- The Internet – Take advantage of the many wonders the internet brings. It’s likely you’ll find the perfect psychic by browsing through pictures and reviews.
- Give them a Call – There is nothing wrong with picking up the phone and giving prospects a call! In fact, we highly suggest this, for you’ll be able to tell if it’s a right fit for you. Let them know what you’re looking for and based on their response, decide if they’re a suitable candidate.
- New Age Shops – These types of shops sell items such as tarot cards or sage. They also rent out their spaces to intuitive readers. It’s very often that shop owners will have a personal reading of their own to ensure the psychic mediums are worth the time of consumers.
Without a doubt, there is a reader out there who is right for you! Take the time to conduct a bit of research and get a feel for the medium before scheduling a reading. Following the tips above, we are sure you’ll find the perfect medium for you.
Take a Lot of Notes
You’ve spent your hard earned money on this reading, so you better make sure you remember it. The best way to do this is by taking notes, either by hand, or you can also record your reading. Oftentimes things may come up during the reading that won’t make sense, so it’ll be helpful to have a reference later on. Notes are also great to have handy because you can go back and confirm things that come true in the future.
Don’t Show up Under The Influence
This should go without saying, but some psychics have said that this has happened before. Do not show up to your reading intoxicated or on drugs. It’s not respectful of the psychic, and your judgment will be clouded throughout the reading. This is basic common courtesy. Would you want your psychic to be drunk during your reading?
Don’t Expect Everything to be Perfect
Sometimes psychics only gets hits of information. For example, they may only get an initial, rather than an entire name. Or they may see a car, but not an exact color or type. If this is the case, don’t let it throw you. No psychic can be 100 percent accurate. If they’re giving you other great information, then consider that a successful reading.
Schedule a Reading
Once you’ve decided on a psychic, schedule an appointment with them. Be sure you pick a day and time where you’ll have plenty of time before and after the session. You want to walk into your reading relaxed and focused to obtain the best reading possible.
There is also the option to schedule a reading over the phone. Many people prefer this option because it’s more flexible and saves time. This also widens your options when selecting a psychic. If there is someone far away who you really want to conduct your reading, you can do this through a phone appointment.
If you’ve landed on this page, it’s because you need some more information concerning psychic readings and how to prepare for one. Remember that if you’re considering making an appointment, it’s because you have questions on your mind that remain unanswered.
Take these last-minute tips with you to enhance your overall psychic reading experience:
- Don’t be afraid to take notes! In fact, many readers suggest it. There is no way you will be able to retain all the information being given to you. Instead of struggling to remember, jot down the important points.
- If your reading is conducted by phone, assure yourself that you have a good connection and a comfortable environment. Be sure you’re not distracted by the television, kids running around, etc.
- Turn off your cell phone during your session. You want to devote all your attention to the psychic and the reading itself.
- The day before your reading, take some time to think about what questions you want to ask or the areas you’d like to cover. While it’s normal to be nervous, do your best to relax prior to the reading.
- Talk to the reader for a few minutes until you’re in a comfortable state of mind. This will make the session flow more smoothly.
Finally, we invite you to relax and enjoy this experience! Participate, don’t be afraid to ask questions, get excited, and don’t forget to have fun!