Psychics have used crystal balls for thousands of years. Many people view crystal ball readers as hokey. After all, Hollywood has done a brilliant job of propelling some of these common misconceptions. But the truth is that crystal ball reading is a respectable form of psychic reading and, when done correctly, can give valuable insight into one’s life. Ready to learn more? Read on.
How Does It Work?
Those who read from a crystal ball are doing what is called “scrying.” The art of scrying entails gaining insight by looking into a reflective object, like water, a mirror, crystal or glass. The images that you see aren’t necessarily associated with a prophetic event. These are actually showing you what is occurring in your subconscious mind.
Choosing Your Crystal Ball
The majority of crystal balls are made of some form of crystal like quartz, or glass. Although clear quartz is used most frequently, many crystal ball gazers have now become accustomed to using other sorts of crystals like amethyst, selenite, or obsidian to help them with their reading. Each of these crystals have their own unique properties, and you should read up on them to see if they will be useful to you during a reading.
Doing A Reading
It’s important for you to do a reading during a time when you know you will not be disturbed. You may also want to do a reading at night, where you can use candlelight to help you pick out images from the shadow’s reflection. Do deep breathing and place yourself into a trance by doing some meditation.
Look For Images
Once you’ve asked your question, turn your crystal ball around in the light to start viewing images. Focus on the largest and clearest images first. Sometimes your images will turn rapidly. But if not, simply turn your bowl around until you see your next image. Pick out other images that you see. Each of these will help shape the guidance that your subconscious needs.
Interpreting What You See
Much like dreaming, you will need to become your own interpreter of some of the archetype images that you see. For example, if you see a boat driving through a stormy sea, but there is land ahead, this could be an indication of better days to come. You may even hear words associated with your images. This is additional advice that your subconscious is offering you, and should not be ignored. Additional tips to keep in mind.
- How do you feel about words that are coming up?
- Do you fear these images or do they support you?
- Try weaving together a story with 3 images of past, present and future.
- Consider confirming with other tools like tarot cards.
Care of Your Ball
It’s important to take care of your ball, much like you would a fine, delicate piece of clothing. You should do the following for care and maintenance.
- Charging: Do this before doing your first reading. Place the ball in front of the full moon light. Optimally, you should want to do this for several nights. Do not place in sunlight directly, as this will weaken your readings.
- Storage: Always store your crystal ball in a cloth, and put away in a dark place, where no one else can touch it.
- Handling: You should be the only person to handle your crystal ball. Why? Because you don’t want your ball to be affected other people’s energies. When this happens, this causes inaccurate readings.
- Cleansing: You should also clean your ball before your first reading. You can clean by wafting sage around your ball. You can also clean it with water and mild soap.
Practice Makes Perfect
Some people get frustrated because they’re not seeing images clearly. This is totally normal, as this is something that you’re going to have to get used to it. If you see crystal clear symbols right away, great! But if you don’t, just continue to practice and be patient with yourself until you do.
One Last Thought
You may be concerned that the images you are seeing make you “crazy.” Our subconscious mind works through various elements in many different ways. Don’t fear the images that you’re seeing. It takes a lot more than seeing weird images for you to be classified as mentally unstable. Think of crystal ball gazing, much like working with dreams. Just because you dream of eating a lion, that doesn’t mean you’ll do it in real life.
Whether you’re a novice or a pro, crystal balls are an excellent tool to help you with your psychic ability. The more you practice, the better you’ll become. Understanding your subconscious mind is the key to unlocking your fears, and working towards your highest spiritual self.