Numerology refers to the study of the symbolism of numbers. Using this science, one can learn more about their personality, strengths, weaknesses, obstacles, and more. You can discover inner needs, as well as more about emotional reactions, and how to deal with people around you. Numerology gives you a new and different way to explore your life.
Numerology itself has a history longer than 10,000 years, with historical roots back to Babylonia and Egypt. It’s thought Pythagoras, who is known for developing the famous Pythagorean Theorem, as well as many other mathematical theorems, is responsible for the creation of numerology.
The science works on the basis that all things within the universe vibrate at their own frequency. Through these vibration rates, you can learn more about the energies and qualities associated with the object. All it takes to get started is a name and a birth date. With this information, you can determine more about a person’s major frequencies, which impact the personality and character. All numbers are reduced to digits 1-9 to represent frequencies. For instance, 1985 becomes: 23, which becomes 5. Letters are also converted to numbers, based on their position in the alphabet.
Life Path Number
Your life path number is the sum of your birth date, reduced to a single digit. It represents who you are from the moment of your birth, and the native traits of the number will be predominant in your personality – and what carries you through life.
If you were born on September 10, 1969, you’d add: 9+10+1+9+6+9 = 44 and reduce to 8.
- Natural born leader, extremely determined, highly self-motivated
- Natural peacemaker, sensitive to others, truly able to listen
- Highly creative, naturally optimistic
- Practical, hard-working, determined
- Natural adventurer, curious, enjoy variety in life
- Nurturer, caretaker, provider
- Thinker, wise, studious
- Ambitious, goal oriented, organized
- Compassionate, generous, selfless
This calculation is similar to your life path number in that it is uses your birthday, but it does not factor in the month or year of your birth – just the day of the month. It provides basic characteristics of who you are as a person, and can provide guidance in many life choices.
- Determined leader, can get support and trust of others easily
- Sensitive and diplomatic
- Highly developed creative talent
- Hard working, detail oriented
- Eccentric, love change
- Generous, family oriented
- Great sense of focus, powerful mind
- Efficient, realistic, idea generating machine
- Open-minded, optimistic, compassionate
- Highly ambitious, seek independence
- Optimistic, but realistic, dreamer, intuitive
- Artistic, creative, enthusiastic, imaginative
- Dependable, “rock” of the community/family
- Analytical, social, communicative
- Sensitive, wide range of talents
- Focused on big ideas, intuitive
- Practical judgement, efficient
- Natural leader, inspiring, expressive
- Highly ambitious, independent, risk taker
- Intuitive, sensitive, strong
- Determined, imaginative
- Strong personality, perceptive
- Adaptable, love change and risk, versatile mind
- Family oriented, maintain balance, emotional
- Rational, analytical, intuitive, broad knowledge and understanding
- Strong business sense, creative, daring
- Creative, expressive, efficient
- Rational mind, yet unconventional thinker, comfortable leading a team with gentle authority
- Rich imagination, visual approach, intuitive, high spiritual connection,
- Sociable, artistic, charming
- Traditional, family lover, disciplined
The destiny number shows who you were meant to become, and what you are meant to accomplish during your life.
Instead of using the date of birth, this uses your name, and the corresponding numerical values. It uses the name you were given at birth, rather than the name you have now – so women should use maiden names in their calculations. For example, if your name is Sarah Mae Smith, you’d add:
1+1+9+1+8 = 20 = 2 for Sarah
4+1+5 = 10 = 1 for Mae
1+4+9+2+8 = 24 = 6 for Smith
2+1+6 = 9
- Destined to be a in a leadership position
- Destined for a position of diplomacy
- Destined to use creativity and optimism
- Destined to be practical, organized, and in management
- Destined to represent freedom, must not fear change
- Destined to be a humanitarian, living life for others
- Destined to teach others, on a quest for knowledge and share that knowledge with others
- Destined to strive for success in work and life. Must set goals and work diligently to achieve them. FInancial gain cannot be the only goal.
- Destined to bring art, beauty, romance, and charity to the world. Generous, compassionate, forgiving, and understanding.
Name changes – whether they be through marriage, nicknames, personal or professional, each have their own meaning. Sometimes, the names are changed with no knowledge of the potential impact on destiny, while others are picked up for the sole purpose of being credited to success.
The Personal Year
This helps you get a look at what’s coming in the next calendar year. Reduce the month and day of your birth to a single digit. For instance, if you were born on March 12, you’d be 3+1+2 = 6. Now, reduce the year you’re calculating for to a single digit. If you were doing it for 2015, the single digit would be: 8. Next, add the two numbers together and reduce: 14 = 5.
- Represents a new beginning
- Represents development, waiting, and cooperation
- Represents creative success and social expansion
- Represents slow, steady progress as a result of hard work
- Represents a year of major change
- Represents a year of increasing responsibility and concern for those you love
- Represents a year of reflection and gaining understanding of yourself
- Represents a power year when you make strides in life.
- Represents a year of completion, taking self-inventory, etc.
How Numerology Can Help You With Life
Numerology can help with a variety of aspects of your life. It can help you determine compatibility with a potential lover, friend, or boss. It can help you ensure you are choosing the correct career path, choosing a business partner, and more.
Whether you realize it or not, numbers play an important role in all aspects of life, and the knowledge of basic numerology principles can help guide you through monumental life altering decisions.